When one door of happiness closes- another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened before us. -Helen Keller

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Summer Zoom

I hope everyone's summer is going well.  Mine has been fantastic and it has just flown by and it's crazy. Today I just have a short little updated blurb and then tomorrow I have a legit post coming but it needs pictures so stay tuned.

Well life around here has been crazy, but oh so great.  I'm still working at Child and Family EyeCare Center in PG.  It's great.  And just FYI we are doing free vision screenings that test multiple visual skills for student aged kids.  Spread the word!  It is a great service.  Work isn't the most exciting part though.


A couple weeks ago I went to Elk Meadows with my family and even thought I was only there for a few days it was fantastic.  The mountains were beautiful, the company was great, the fishing was not a let down, and the wildlife was picture perfect.  I got to see many dear and even elk (my favorite animal to see in the mountains) every day which was so fun!

At my latest orthodontist appointment they didn't move back my surgery for the first time in 4 months so that was super exciting!  And I started going the "tongue thrust therapy" so that when my surgery happens the results will stick.  I'm not super good at it, but I know it will help.  But as of the end of June surgery is on for sometime in November.

I have decided to transfer down to UVU for the fall so I will be here for my surgery. It was one of the hardest decisions of my life but I know it's what I'm supposed to do for whatever reason.  I have been admitted and I have even registered for classes now. For those of you that don't know, transferring schools is not very easy- but if you are going to do it get your AS first!!!  It will make it so much easier.

The fourth of July was great as it is always is.  I got to see the fireworks and hear the Beach Boys outside the stadium. They sounded so great! It was fun to go even though traffic was horrible.

Last weekend Matt's companions were in town so we went and had some with them at the mall and at Lowe's extreame Air Sports down in Provo.  Both were great!  It was super fun to be with his friends.  He made me stretch my horizon a little bit and do things I generally wouldn't and I had a blast.

Stay tuned for more exciting news.

No comments:

Post a Comment