When one door of happiness closes- another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened before us. -Helen Keller

Monday, August 15, 2011

Why You Don't Give Into Peer Pressure!


So when I was home for the 4th of July I ran into a friend of a friend, who has become my own friend, Kaden at church. I was on my way home and he was on his way to mission prep. He tried really hard to get me to go with him, but I didn’t really want to so I got out of it but not without him promising me that I would come when I got back from school for the summer.  I had completely forgot about my promise. Okay so that was the needed background information.

So last week I get this really obnoxious phone call from him reminding me that I had promised to come to mission prep and so on.  So yesterday I went for the first time.  I felt so out of place!  First of all I was the only girl. Second of all I was the only one, besides the teachers, that wasn’t still in high school.  And third of all I think I was the only new one. So ya, not the most comfortable situation for me I was an minority, old and a new comer, three strikes your out? Ya I think so.  Oh, and I think it was the worst week to have it be my first week because what they had us go contacting “people in the park” (random people that were in the cultural hall)!  Lucky for me Sister Morales came in just when we were about to start.  She just got back from her mission in Brazil and she was able to lead the first couple contacts letting me jump in every now and then. She also reassured me of things.  And what made matters even worse was that half of the people that were there were from my singles ward!  I tried to avoid going to talk to them… I know it was probably bad of me but oh well.  To ease me conscience a little bit people told me that I did really well and that it didn’t seem like it was my first week.  They also said that I did a lot better than a lot of the boys that were there. Which made me feel good.  Maybe I will make a decent missionary after all.  Haha.  I haven’t decided if I want to keep going to mission prep, but I think I might.  Jake goes and it can’t hurt right? 

Well that is my latest story hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment