When one door of happiness closes- another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened before us. -Helen Keller

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

6 Times a Bridesmaid

So this last weekend I had the wonderful experience of being a bridesmaid of one of my beautiful friends.  Having five older sister this made it my sixth time being a bridesmaid!  Yes I am definitely on my way to becoming like the girl on 27 Dresses. But anyhow, this time being a bridesmaid was way more legit.  That's probably because I am older and I wasn't family.  I was very happy to be able to help out and be a part of Emily and Chris's special day.
My first task was to make my skirt.  It turned out fairly well I felt like.  Except for the zipper was a little difficult, so the fabric stretched a little bit.  I can't take all the credit though, my beautiful mother hemmed it and did the blind stitching for me.  She's just the best. I also made the necklaces that the bridesmaids wore.  Emily's aunts made two of them and I made four.  It was the least I could to do try to help the night before.

Day of I was in charge of picking up the flowers at the florist and taking them to the temple.  I was running a little bit behind, but I still had time to be there in time, but when I got to the florist there was a lady in front of me and she was taking forever.  Then they didn't have anything to put all the flowers in so I had to carry them all.  Lets just say that driving with a bouquet in a vase next to you is quite the excitement.  But we got there in time and all went well. 

As bridesmaids we had lots of fun while taking pictures, but by the end out cheeks were sore.  We had green silk flowers to go with our outfits and sparkly silver flip flops.  The luncheon at Los Hermonos was fantastic and after that we went to work setting up for their ring ceremony and celebration.  There were only minor little  details that held us up, but over all everything went well.  The bride and groom were happy and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.  Towards the end we even danced a bit.  And when I say "we" I mean Emily and the bridesmaids, a couple of her aunts and some kids. But it was super fun.  Got to love those line dances. 
All the Bridesmaids at the temple.  Three sisters and three friends.

All of our cute shoes and painted toenails

The three friend bridesmaids at the celebration, Emily wanted us to wear jeans. :)

Got to love those line dances.
It turned out to be almost a 12 hour day, but it was so worth it.  I wouldn't have missed being there for Emily for anything.  We have known each other since we were about 7.  I have seen her go through many chapters of her life and I can't wait to see what this new chapter brings. I wish her and Chris the best. And that's really what being a bridesmaid is all about.  Being there for the people you love and joining in their happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment