Moving back in with the parents is always an adjustment, one that I am not incredibly fond of. But, I can now, almost two months later, honestly say that I feel well adjusted. Of course I miss my girls and school and the social life that surrounds me up in my beloved Rexburg. How have I made this incredible adjustment? you may ask. Well I will tell you that it didn't come with out some tears, lots of consoling from amazing friends, great support, a full time job, a wonderful ward, and of course a lot of prayer. But lo and behold Callie Jo is back where she belongs (for at least a while).
Within the long month of January I did some mighty crazy things. Really, I knew my family was spunky, but never did I think we would do some many crazy things in one month. In honor of me receiving my Associates Degree from my beloved BYU-I my sisters threw me a part. But not just any party, a How To Host a Murder Party. I played the part of a mysterious "Mexican Beauty" that had been widowed three times. I wish I had a picture of the whole group but this is all that I had. (It was set in the 1880's, one of my favorite eras for women's fashion). Never have I hear or seen such sketchy things be taken so lightly in my house accompanied by so much laughter.
| You got to puck up your lips like this |
The second great and crazy thing that happened was that my oldest sisters, yes they are twins, turn 34! To celebrate their 34 years of life, instead of saying you can't have any your too young to have fun, to us young ones, they had a party. Oh but not just any party. Since they have many memories of the 1980's (remember they are old so they weren't actually born in the 80's they just remember them. Haha) they had an 80's party and requested that everyone come dressed up in 80's attire (keep in mind this would be the second dress up party we have had in two weeks). And if the 80's ever fully come back, and if I can embrace it, I will be rocking it.
| Hey momma welcome to the 80's! |
So when I live at home and often have nothing really exciting or pressing to do at night I think. (A dangerous pass time, I know) Recently this has been one of my favorite thoughts: If I graduate from College and have a pretty good foundation under me with still no strings attached I have a dream, I'd really love to be a concert pianist... okay but really I would love to open up my own little cafe. I picture it kind of like Kneader's. Desserts, soups, sandwiches, etc. Or I would love to do it just a dessert cafe, like The Chocolate. The theme of this amazing little cafe would be Jazz. Jazz music, of many variations, would always be playing. Decorations would be much like those seen in Applebee's except for they would all revolve around Jazz. Pictures of my favorite jazz artists like Duke Ellington and Benny Goodman, Old record albums and worn out instruments of the jazz band variety would all be things that could be found on the walls. Oh and ever Friday or Saturday night I want to have live music being played. Local Jr. High and High School Jazz Bands or little combos and other local groups that would like to play would be welcome. But only Jazz music would be allowed. :) Wouldn't that be fun? What do you think? I would love any thoughts or feed back. Especially with what to call it. I'm struggling with that detail for some reason. I need something sporty like a tuna.
|
nacho libre, little mermaid, hairspray, beauty and the beast, tangled, princess bride. and that is why we are friends. i know i'm missing a couple, but i got most of them, right?
ReplyDeleteand i love the idea of your cafe! love.